Photo Booth – Flash Webcam Image Capture

Two days ago I made a little Flash app that will allow anyone to take a picture with a webcam connected to a computer. Everything worked fine in AS3. It was only when I got to the PHP part of the project when I felt like I should ask for help. And I did, I asked a friend or mine (Mihai Bojin) who in a few minutes explained to me exactly what I needed to know in order to get this project working as it should (a big part of the PHP code is made by him).

PhotoBoothActiveden

The project is now open source and you can find the code and the source files underneath 😉

This open source project is release under the MIT license.

Read more
Stop-Motion Video – Street Delivery

Last night I was at an event here in Bucharest named “Street Delivery” I took some pictures and today I made a little Stop-Motion video.

Photo-walk with Ramona

A few days ago I went out for a photo-walk here in Bucharest with a girl that I know from flickr. She is a great photographer and she is very smart (at least that’s my first impression 😆 )
We had a lot of fun and we made lots of pictures. Below I posted a slideshow with her making different face expressions.

Oded Antman Portfolio Site

A few days ago I got a project from a GAF client of mine. This was a portfolio site for Oded Antman. I had to use the slideshow pro component (a great component to use in portfolio sites like this).
After a few days of learning the API for this component and after I did some coding I found out that the component has a little bug, a bug that had something to do with the “navAppearance” method. My client simply wanted the fist slideshow when you enter the site to be without the navigation bar visible but when a gallery was changed and the navAppearance variable was changed, I started to get a lot of bugs in my project (by the way, I was working with the ActionScript 3 component version 1.9.3). I tried to get an answer from the slideshow pro forums (but I didn’t had the time to waste, the project had to be delivered very fast) and then I tried to find a way to get rid of the bug with other codding methods but without any good results.
Finally the client decided that it is not a big problem and I finally delivered the project.
This is the site I talked about:
odedantman.com

After a few days I got a message on the forum from one of the slideshow pro support guys saying:
“Yeah, this is probably because the navigation wasn’t really intended to be changed mid-stream. As in, changing it to hidden for one album then switching it to something else thereafter. If you can you should keep one style of navigation appearance for your slideshow.”

oded-antman

The design was not made by me, my job was just to code the site. The site system is very dynamic. It uses slideshow pro director as a CMS system and all the menu items can be easily changed in the control panel.
I’m happy the client understood the problem and we finished the project without problems 😉

dorm2dorm.com

Last week I finished working on some flash pieces for a client from GAF
First I did the banner/header for this site dorm2dorm.com
Then this little app where I implemented some nice AS3 based animations dorm2dorm.com/storage_boxes

I did a lot of modifications to satisfy the clients requests but in the end I think we got some nice results 😉

d2d

YouTube Playlist – ActionScript 2 YouTube API

I did some projects for some of my clients where I had to use the YouTube API to load videos in flash from the YouTube website. I remember I spent a lot of time trying to find a working example that I could use on my project. I first tried to work with the ActionScript 3 chromeless YouTube API (a friend of mine did a fast example using Flex and this API) but just when I thought the project is done, I got a message back from the client saying that he can not use the player because it’s working through some JavaScript code and his users can’t embed the player on myspace, facebook and stuff like that. Then I had to start form scratch but this time I had to make it work with ActionScript 2 (at the time there was very little documentation about this on code.google.com)… after some hours of research and experiments I finally made the YouTube player in ActionScript 2 and I delivered the project without problems. Now I want to share with all of you the code that I used to get a project like this done. I have uploaded a zip archive with all the files you need if you want to get started with a similar project.

Click here if you want to see how this YouTube Playlist app looks like 😉

  YouTube Playlist (22.3 KiB, 4,670 hits)

Here you can see some of the projects I did using this API:
meeetv.com project
actionext.com project, I did 4 players for this client with 4 different skins and very similar code on all 4 of them.