A few days ago I got a project from a GAF client of mine. This was a portfolio site for Oded Antman. I had to use the slideshow pro component (a great component to use in portfolio sites like this).
After a few days of learning the API for this component and after I did some coding I found out that the component has a little bug, a bug that had something to do with the “navAppearance” method. My client simply wanted the fist slideshow when you enter the site to be without the navigation bar visible but when a gallery was changed and the navAppearance variable was changed, I started to get a lot of bugs in my project (by the way, I was working with the ActionScript 3 component version 1.9.3). I tried to get an answer from the slideshow pro forums (but I didn’t had the time to waste, the project had to be delivered very fast) and then I tried to find a way to get rid of the bug with other codding methods but without any good results.
Finally the client decided that it is not a big problem and I finally delivered the project.
This is the site I talked about:

After a few days I got a message on the forum from one of the slideshow pro support guys saying:
“Yeah, this is probably because the navigation wasn’t really intended to be changed mid-stream. As in, changing it to hidden for one album then switching it to something else thereafter. If you can you should keep one style of navigation appearance for your slideshow.”


The design was not made by me, my job was just to code the site. The site system is very dynamic. It uses slideshow pro director as a CMS system and all the menu items can be easily changed in the control panel.
I’m happy the client understood the problem and we finished the project without problems 😉